How to make bath bombs without citric acid?
Bath bombs are fun to make, but can be a little tricky to make. One reason is that citric acid, a typical main ingredient, can be expensive and difficult to find. This recipe solves this problem by using tartar flour, a common baking ingredient, instead of citric acid. These citrate-free bath bombs will produce colorful baths and super smooth skin.
The raw material
1 cup (220 g) baking soda
1/4 cup (40 g) tartar cream
1/2 cup (64 g) cornstarch
1/2 cup (120 g) salt (Epsom salt, sea salt, or non-iodized table salt)
2 TSP (10 ml) essential oil
1 TBSP (30 mL) oil (vegetable oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil) (optional)
1 to 2 drops of food coloring (optional)
A mold used to mold bath bombs
1. Make sure you have everything you need on hand. After mixing all the ingredients together, you need to work fast; The last thing you want to do is fight over extra ingredients and supplies. This recipe will make a bath bomb about the size of a softball.
If you want to make different sizes or quantities, adjust the recipe while keeping the proportions the same.
For example, if you wanted to make 2 softball-sized bath bombs, you would start with 2 cups (440 grams) of baking soda instead of 1 cup (220 grams).
2. Add the dried ingredients to a glass or metal bowl. Place 1 cup (220 g) baking soda, 1/4 cup (40 g) tartar powder, 1/2 cup (64 g) cornstarch, and 1/2 cup (120 g) salt in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Do not use plastic or aluminum bowls, as the oil may react with them.
You can use any type of salt. Epsom salt is the preferred bath product, but you can also try sea salt or uniodized table salt.
If you can't find cornstarch, add 1/4 cup (55 g) baking soda and 1/4 cup (60 g) salt. Keep in mind that this will cause the bath bomb to hiss more and not last as long.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Take a metal blender and use it to mix all the ingredients together. If you do not have an egg beater available, you can improvise an egg beater using 2 forks or a set of chopsticks.
Don't worry too much about doing this perfectly. The goal here is to mix dry ingredients. You can even put them in an airtight jar and shake the jar.
4. Combine the oil and food coloring in a separate bowl. Measure out 2 TSP (10 ml) of essential oil and pour into a clean bowl. Add 1 tablespoon (30 mL) of oil and 1 to 2 drops of food coloring. Stir everything together with a spoon.
Oil is optional, but it will make the bath bomb more nourishing for your skin. Vegetable oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil are all good choices.
Food coloring may be difficult to incorporate into oil, especially if it is water-based. Consider switching to oil-based food coloring.
Avoid applying essential oils directly to the skin as it may irritate the skin. However, once the oil is in the bath bomb, you'll be fine.
5. The mixture of wet ingredients is gradually added to the dry ingredients. Gently scoop into the wet ingredients from the first bowl and mix thoroughly before adding more. Mix ingredients by hand as you go. If the mixture starts to bubble, you may be adding ingredients too quickly.
Wear plastic gloves to prevent the mixture from smudging your hands.
6, spray the mixture with a water bottle if necessary. You may need to add some water to the bath bomb to fully mix the ingredients. The exact amount of extra moisture you need will vary, so it's best to add it bit by bit as you work. In general, you need less than a tablespoon. Whenever you have trouble handling the mixture, spray some water.
You should end up with a mixture that is brittle but will hold its shape when pressed together.
7. Fill the mold with the mixture. Pack the mixture as tightly as possible. Tap it to create a smooth, even surface.
8. Wait for your bath bomb to solidify before removing it from the mold. Let your bath bomb dry for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
If you try to remove it too soon, it's more likely to fall apart.
Rinse all metal tools carefully. Epsom salts corrode the metal over time.
If you are not familiar with the production of bath bombs, it is difficult for you to find the production materials of bath bomb, then it is very simple. You can buy it directly on our official website. We are a factory specializing in the production of Bath bomb. With more than 20 years of experience, our trust with customers is growing stronger and stronger. Here are details on make bath bombs without citric acid kit.